National Assembly of Bangladesh
Type :National Assembly Building
Building style : Modern, Monumental
Location : Dhaka, Bangladesh
Development began : 1961
Completed : 1982
Cost : US$32 million
Specialized points of interest
Basic framework : Still, Road, cement and Brickwork.
Architect : Louis Kahn
National Parliament House or Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban is the place of the Parliament of Bangladesh, situated at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, capital of Dhaka in the Bangladesh.. This complex is one of the biggest authoritative and greatest parliament house or National Assembly edifices on the planet. This complex suited on containing 200acres land.
The building was included unmistakably in the 2003film my Architect specifying the profession and familial legacy of its modeler. Louis I Kahn, Robert Mc Carter and creator’s of Louis I Kahn – portrayed the National Parliament of Bangladesh as one of the twentieth century’s most huge structures.
- History of utilization by Parliament
- Engineering and plan
- Fundamental Building plan
- The Main Plaza
- The South Plaza
- Presidential Plaza
- Tourism and availability
- Current improvements
- Outer connections
Play of light inside the building
- The Constituent Assembly of Bangladesh and the main Parliament held their sittings in the building that now houses the Prime Minister’s Office and which is frequently alluded as the old Shangshad Bhaban (old Parliament House).
- The second Parliament additionally held a large portion of its sittings in that building, the keep going sitting being on 10 July 1981. It was amid the residency of the second Parliament that the present Parliament building, or Shang shad Bhaban, situated at Sheer-e-Bangla Nagar, got to be distinctly practical. Its eighth, and by chance the keep going session, initiated on 15 February 1982
- In the new building. The authoritative building arranged at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar is among the biggest administrative edifices on the planet and is bound by Rokeya Sarani toward the east, Mirpur Road toward the west, Lake Road toward the north and Manik Mia Avenue toward the south.
- Situated in the enclave are the noteworthy structure of the Parliament Building, a Members inn, living arrangements for parliamentary functionaries, two substantial rich green yards and a lake. Habitations of Speaker and Deputy Speaker, which were incorporated into the all-inclusive strategy for this enclave are yet to be built.
History of utilization by Parliament
# The constitution of the general population’s of Bangladesh gives the governing body the name Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban in Bengali and place of the country in English. It is ordinarily known as parliament.
# Parliament of Bangladesh is a unicameral governing body of 350 individuals from which 300 individuals from 300 regional voting public that is one from every electorate, on the premise of grown-up Franchise.
# The rest of the 50 seats are saved for ladies who are chosen by the previously mentioned chose Members as per law on the premise of methodology of corresponding representation in the Parliament through Single Transferable Vote. This arrangement for 50 saved ladies seats will proceed for a long time from the earliest starting point of the ninth parliament.
- Seven Parliaments have utilized the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban as the gathering building:
- Second Parliament – (2 April to 24 March 1982)
- Third Parliament – (10 July 1986 To 6 December 1987)
- Fourth Parliament – (15 April 1988 To 6 December 1990)
- Fifth Parliament – 4 (5 April 1991 To 24 November 1995)
- 6th Parliament – (19 March 1996 To 30 March 1996)
- Seventh Parliament – (14 July 1996 To 13 July 2001)
- Eighth Parliament – (28 October 2001 To 27 October 2006)
- Ninth Parliament – ( April 2009 To 4 May 2014)
- Sixteen Parliament – Running
Engineering and plan
National Parliament House or Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban is Designed by engineer Louis I Kahn.
The outline of parliament building made by the well known American designer LUIS I KHAN.
# . I KHAN was include from the essential human requrement from the any security from the glare. This have been accomplish through the general arrangment of the distinctive gatherings of structures. In typical outside line are profoundly reaccess by proticoes with gigantic geometric openings on its external veneer, framing the visual attributes of the building.
# Accordingly traditional techniques for securing outside windows have been adequately substituted, bringing about the compositional impact of these tremendous openings, befitting the size of the building.
The utilization of presented solid dividers to balance the encompassing structures with uncovered block outsides, converges with the land and its way of life. The lake on three sides of the principle building, reaching out up to the Members lodging makes visual alleviation for the onlooker as well as echoes the riverine magnificence of Bangladesh.
Kahn’s key plan theory improves the utilization of space while speaking to Bangladeshi legacy and culture. Outside lines are profoundly recessed by porticoes with tremendous openings of standard geometric shapes on their outside, molding the building’s general visual effect.
In the engineer Louis Kahn’s own particular words:
# “In the get together I have acquainted a light-giving component with the inside of the arrangement. On the off chance that you see a progression of sections you can state that the selection of segments is a decision in light. The segments as solids edge the spaces of light.
# Presently consider it just in invert and surmise that the sections are empty and much greater and that their dividers can themselves give light, then the voids are rooms, and the segment is the producer of light and can go up against complex shapes and be the supporter of spaces and offer light to spaces.
# I am attempting to build up the component to such a degree, to the point that it turns into an idyllic substance which has its own particular magnificence outside of its place in the arrangement.
# Along these lines it gets to be distinctly similar to the strong section I specified above as a supplier of light. It was not conviction, not configuration, not design, but rather the substance from which an organization could emerge…”
The lake on three sides of the Bhaban, stretching out up to the Members’ lodging adds to site’s feel and furthermore depicts the riverine magnificence of Bangladesh. The gathering building got the Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 1989.
The Presidential Plaza misleads the North and appearances the Lake Road. It works as a private court for the MPs and different dignitaries. It contains marble steps, a display and an open asphalt. Other data
- Consummation date: 1982
- Work: urban
- Development cost: US$32 million
The Main Building outline
The principle building comprises of nine individual obstructs: the eight fringe squares ascend to a tallness of 110′ while the focal octagonal piece ascends to a stature of 155′. Each of the nine pieces incorporate diverse gatherings of useful spaces and have distinctive levels, between connected evenly and vertically by hallways, lifts, stairs, light courts, and round ranges. The whole structure is intended to mix into one single, non-differentiable unit, that shows up from the outside to be a solitary story.
The primary board of trustees rooms are situated at level two in one of the fringe squares. All parliamentary functionaries, including Ministers and chairpersons of some Standing Committees, have workplaces in the building. The Parliament Secretariat additionally possesses workplaces in a similar building.
The Main Building
- the most imperative piece of principle square is the parliament chamber. This parliament chamber can setting up 354 part amid sessions. There have additionally two exhibitions for vip guests. This chamber maximam tallness is 117 with illustrative rooftop and shell. The shell and rooftop was outlined with a freedom of singale story to let sunlight.
- Sunshine reflection from the sourrounding dividers all drum and channel into the parlament ground. The manufactured lighting framework has been painstakingly concocted to give zero check to the passage of sunshine.
- A composite ceiling fixture is suspended from explanatory shell rooftop. This crystal fixture thus comprises of a metallic web, traversing the whole chamber, that backings the individual light installations.
Upper levels of the piece (that contains the Chamber) contain the guest and press displays, and correspondence stalls, all of which neglect the Parliament Chamber. The piece moreover
At level one A library.
# Jatiya Sangsad Library as known as Parliament Library is one of the wealthiest libraries in Bangladesh.
# The library began in 1972 at Old Sangsad Bhaban, Tejgaon, Dhaka, prompt after the development of Constituent Assembly of Bangladesh. With a gathering of 85 thousand volumes of books and different materials that incorporates level headed discussions of various Parliaments, reports, magazines, periodicals, newspapers and so forth.
# This is one of the libraries in the nation that takes after the Library of Congress characterization and classifying framework which it embraced in the mid 80s.
- At level three a MP’s parlors.
- At the upper level gathering rooms.
- All encompassing perspective of Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban
Capacities and Procedures of Parliament
Parliament in a parliamentary type of government is a multifunctional organ of the state, however its capacities are once in a while characterized in any Constitution or other archive anyplace on the planet. One needs to peruse in the middle of the lines of a Constitution to find the particular elements of Parliament, if there exists a composed Constitution. Parliament of Bangladesh is not a special case to this almost widespread wonder. This archive limits itself just to the accompanying three elements of Jatiyo Shangshad: –
- Sanctioning of Legislation
- Agree to tax assessment and control of open use
- Guaranteeing responsibility of the Government
The elective elements of Parliament, which incorporate the race of the President, and the practice of its constituent power for change of the Constitution, alongside a few different capacities, have not been talked about.
The South Plaza
The South Plaza confronts the Manik Mia Avenue. It progressively ascends to a 20’th stature and fills in as a wonderful outside and also the primary access to the Parliament Building.
- Controlling doors
- A carport
- A fundamental mechanical plant room
- A vast auto parking spot
- A phone trade
- Workplaces of support specialists
- Hardware stores and
- An open square with steps and inclines driving specifically to the primary building.
The Presidential Plaza misleads the North and countenances the Lake Road. It works as a personal square for the MPs and different dignitaries. It contains marble steps, an exhibition and an open asphalt.
Development cost-US$32 million.
Tourism and availability.
- Despite the fact that access to the Bhaban, the Main Building, is restricted to approved individuals from Parliament and staff, the Jatiyo Sangshad complex is interested in guests. North of the complex, over the Lake Road, is Crescent Lake and Chandrima Uddan .
- The two edifices together frame a noteworthy fascination for voyagers in Dhaka. The buildings are prevalent among joggers and skaters of Dhaka.
- The official Prime Minister’s Residence is on the North West corner of the Mirpur Road and Lake Road crossing and is a five-minute stroll from the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban. The range is one of the higher security zones of Dhaka.
The Complex can be gotten to utilizing any of the four streets encompassing it, in any case, the Manik Mia Avenue and Lake Road are the simplest methodologies.
President and Parliament
# In numerous nations rehearsing a parliamentary type of legislature of the Westminster show, Heads of States are constituent parts of their individual Parliament. English
# Parliament, for instance, comprises of the Sovereign, the House of Lords and the House of Commons. Parliaments of India and of Pakistan are comparatively constituted with the President and two Houses.
# There is, be that as it may, no express arrangement in the Bangladesh Constitution for making the President a constituent piece of Parliament. He is, be that as it may, contributed with parliamentary and authoritative capacities like those appreciated by the Heads of States in the previously mentioned nations. A portion of the parliamentary and administrative powers and elements of the President are said underneath:
# Parliament is summoned, prorogued and broken up by the President as per the guidance of the Prime Minister offered to him in composing.
# The President may address Parliament and send messages. There is additionally a compulsory arrangement in the Constitution that the President should address Parliament at the beginning of the primary session after a general decision and furthermore at the initiation of the main session every year. His address is talked about in the House through a movement of much obliged.
# A Bill go in Jatiyo Shangshad turns into an Act of Parliament simply after President has consented, or is considered to have consented, to it.
- No Money Bill can be presented in Parliament with the exception of on the suggestion of the President. At the point when a Money Bill is passed in Parliament and is displayed to the President, he needs to consent to it inside a time of 15 days.
- On account of a Bill, other than a Money Bill, the President may either consent to it or return it to Parliament inside 15 days of its introduction to him with a message asking for that at least one of the Bill’s arrangements be rethought.
- He may likewise ask for the thought of any corrections indicated by him in the message. The last, thus far the main, Bill to be come back to Parliament by the President with a message asking for reevaluation was the Code of Civil Procedure (Amendment) Bill, 1998.
- At the point when the President gives back a Bill to Parliament for reevaluation, the Bill can be introduced to him again for consent just in the event that it is passed by Parliament by the votes of a larger part of the aggregate number of its individuals.
- This second time, the President is required to consent to the Bill inside seven days. On the off chance that he neglects to do as such, he is considered to have consented to the Bill on the expiry of that period.
- Whenever when Parliament is broken down or is not in session, the President may make and declare an Ordinance, on the off chance that he is fulfilled that conditions acquiring call for quick enactment. From the season of its declaration, an Ordinance has the like drive of law as an Act of Parliament.
- An Ordinance must be laid before Parliament at its initially meeting taking after its proclamation and it stops to have impact at the lapse of 30 days after it is so laid in Parliament, unless the Ordinance is, meanwhile, canceled or a determination objecting to the Ordinance is passed in Parliament.
- The President may, upon the counsel of the Prime Minister approve the withdrawal from the Consolidated Fund of the Republic stores important to meet consumption for a period up to sixty days in a specific year pending the making of the gifts and going of the law for assignment from that Fund by Parliament.
- These stipulations in the Constitution, and also others, drives one to the inescapable conclusion that the President of Bangladesh is, for all reasonable purposes, a constituent piece of Parliament, in spite of there being no express arrangement to that impact in the Constitution.
Amid the administration term that took office on 28 October 2001, the Government imparted arrangements to “finish Louis Kahn’s arrangements” by building habitations for the Speaker and Deputy Speaker. As per some unmistakable planners, no such arrangement existed in the first outline. Despite the fact that the development was begun, it was ended and the issue is still uncertain.
Md. Ariful islam